Governing data at the point of creation and throughout the data lifecycle is one of the most challenging data management exercises for most enterprises. Data governance places controls to ensure data entry meets precise standards driven by business rules and compliance to a robust data model. Data governance consists of processes that ensure strategic data are managed formally throughout the enterprise. That strategic data cuts across domains like materials, supplier and customers.
- Creates and enforces standards for all categories of data.
- Ensures trusted and high quality data.
- Achieves reliable and smart business decisions based on accurate data.
- Eliminates proliferation of incorrect data.
- Improves collaboration between departments and when appropriate outside of the four walls of the enterprise.
How Utopia Can Help
- Creates a best practices-driven organizational governance model including roles and responsibilities before implementing a new IT solution.
- Guides your organization to create data in a unified and consistent manner that will keep long-term data standards in place.
- Creates data cleansing routines based on data quality standards and the organization’s business rules.
- Develops an operational business process model to manage data and the prescriptive guidance to implementing it effectively in a new IT solution.
- Establishes a recommended IT landscape to supports corporate goals in a cost-effective manner.
- Provides data governance advice and frameworks in the areas of Materials, Assets and Retail (article).