SAP® S/4HANA enables organizations to lower their operating IT costs by simplifying their IT landscape. However, every organization has different needs. Implementing a data management strategy is imperative for organizations to accelerate their movement to SAP S/4HANA in a cost-effective manner.
Migrating data into SAP S/4HANA can be challenging and you need a proven data migration methodology. During the planning phase for a move to SAP S/4HANA, companies should perform an assessment of data in their existing systems and determine how it will be moved, used and maintained. By having a robust data management strategy incorporated into the planning phase, companies can reduce risk, maintain regulatory compliance and help maximize the ROI on their migration to SAP S/4HANA.
The important points to be considered during the SAP S/4HANA data migration journey are:
- Identification of key data stakeholders and their involvement through the course of the data migration project
- Defining standards for data quality, data mapping and transformation
- A tool to automate the execution of data mapping, data transformation and data quality tasks in a more structured and sequential manner
- Early planning of data migration and cleansing tasks
- The use of data in the target system
- The uniqueness of the data and the business processes that it supports
- Data quality of the migrated data focusing on four (4) key parameters, i.e. completeness, consistency, conformity and compliance – Utopia’s 4Cs approach to Data Quality
- Enforce defined data standards and rules at time of data entry into the system
- Set up monitoring and reporting to identify problems with the data and then take the actions for data remediation
Utopia has proven tools, processes and accelerators to help organizations structure the data migration to SAP S/4HANA. As a leading SAP partner providing Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions and having experience of delivering over 150 data migration projects to SAP environments, Utopia’s capabilities include:
- 400+ SAP S/4HANA predefined templates which accelerate the project, thereby reduce project cost and duration
- Utilizing SAP’s Enterprise Information Management (EIM) solutions such as SAP Data Services and Information Steward for data migration
- Information Steward-Data Migration Content Extensions monitor the progress and quality of your data migration
- Unique accelerators manage exceptions and automate template creation
Understanding how you can maximize the value of your SAP S/4HANA environment by leveraging your data is a critical step in your digital journey. Success depends not just on going live with SAP S/4HANA, but with running a real-time enterprise where decisions and actions are based on high quality, dependable data.