It’s 2018 and the global Oil & Gas community is braving a “new normal.” With increasingly dynamic fluctuations in the global commodity trade, Oil & Gas companies are turning to effective enterprise asset management to increase output and efficiency to maximize margins and mitigate the global risk matrix.
Paramount to a successful asset management approach is the powerful and effective use of company data. With a desire to rationalize data characteristics and easy access to information, Oil & Gas companies understand that moving to digital business processes with simple classification systems and effective data governance can be game changing.
Some oil and gas industry leaders are seeing the opportunity to invest in IoT and big data infrastructure but are looking for more effective ways to manage asset master data during capital projects, shutdown and turnarounds. SAP Oil & Gas customer companies participated in a research initiative and provided the following feedback on focus, priorities and opportunity areas:
Improving the accuracy of SAP Plant Maintenance (PM) plans, task lists and spare parts in Material Management (MM) is a key improvement opportunity for the oil and gas industry looking to automate and simplify plant and field-based maintenance operations.
Utopia is a proud sponsor of the 2018 SAP Best Practices for Oil & Gas conference. Utopia subject matter experts will actively be engaging the community to share how effective data migration, management and governance can be key value drivers. The Oil & Gas experts at Utopia bring years of industry specific knowledge to the table to support customers with the following software solutions:
- SAP MDG for Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) provides integral production equipment data mastering.
- Linear Asset Management (LAM) functionality within SAP MDG for EAM provides linear asset capabilities that align to the emerging SAP Geospatial Enablement Framework (GEF) for integral equipment and geospatial data management.
- SAP Asset Information Workbench by Utopia addresses the challenges of a large Capital Project information hand-over with features like Multi Object Change Request and Hierarchy Builder for repeatable success in building complex asset structures and maintenance plans. EAM Workbench is the only purpose-built solution to seamless integrate with SAP’s Asset Intelligence Network (AIN) for optimal data transformation.
In addition to a powerful software solution set, Utopia’s industry specific service solutions are helping SAP customers drive value with the following offerings:
- Data transformation for a move to SAP S/4HANA
- Data migration from non-SAP or legacy systems to an SAP environment
- Data quality & Data health assessments to ensure business-ready data
- Data strategy & Data Governance consulting
Be sure to stop by Utopia booth #22 at the 2018 SAP Best Practices for Oil & Gas Conference. Speak with our team of subject matter experts in the Oil & Gas industry to learn how Utopia can empower your organization to harness the power of your data.