WALLDORF — In capital-intensive industries, customers of enterprise content management (ECM) and master data governance (MDG) solutions from SAP SE (NYSE: SAP) can recoup their cost in seven months. They can also see an ROI of 281 percent and realize net present value (NPV) of US$13 million, according to a commissioned independent study conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of SAP.
Using Forrester Consulting Total Economic Impact™ (TEI) framework and methodology, the study focused on three-year financial benefits.
“In today’s challenging environment, an intelligent supply chain is critical to ensuring stable manufacturing and supply of goods and services,” said Darryl Gray, SAP global vice president, Software Solutions. “We believe that this study validates the benefits of streamlining supply chain processes and removing any barriers due to lack of accessibility or accuracy of information with our ECM and MDG solution extensions for intelligent asset management.”
The study was based on interviews with SAP customers in asset-intensive industries that use the SAP Extended ECM application by OpenText, add-on for capital projects and operations, and the SAP Master Data Governance application, enterprise asset management extension by Utopia.
Key quantifiable benefits identified by the customers surveyed include:
- Improved operations and maintenance efficiency: Customers saved $8.4 million with easy access to correct and up-to-date documentation and reduced time required to complete tasks.
- Reduced maintenance inventory costs by $4.7 million: With a consistent view of assets and their related parts, customers were able to reduce spending by eliminating duplicate purchases and last-minute shipping costs, centralizing purchasing and discovering vendor discounts.
- Improved capital project handover efficiency, slashing document review time by 25 percent: Efficient collaboration allowed customers to remain on schedule and on budget with the design, construction and handover of large capital projects.
- Retired legacy ECM and MDG solutions: By utilizing the ECM and MDG extensions, organizations replaced legacy and bespoke solutions and saved $1.8 million.
- Improved data management efficiency: Without disparate bespoke systems or rudimentary tools such as spreadsheets, customers reduced time and improved efficiency of MDM processes for organizations, which allowed them to deploy full-time equivalents (FTEs) to other important tasks.
Additionally, some key study results show that an integrated ECM and MDG solution provides efficiency improvements that reduce unnecessary delays and help companies avoid missing deadlines and keep projects on track.
To learn more, see “The $17.7 Million Edge That’s Helping Capital-Intensive Companies Overcome Market Volatility” and download the study “The Total Economic Impact of SAP Solution Extensions for Asset-Intensive Industries.”
Any statements contained in this document that are not historical facts are forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Words such as “anticipate,” “believe,” “estimate,” “expect,” “forecast,” “intend,” “may,” “plan,” “project,” “predict,” “should” and “will” and similar expressions as they relate to SAP are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. SAP undertakes no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statements. All forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from expectations. The factors that could affect SAP’s future financial results are discussed more fully in SAP’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), including SAP’s most recent Annual Report on Form 20-F filed with the SEC. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements, which speak only as of their dates.
© 2020 SAP SE. All rights reserved.
SAP and other SAP products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP SE in Germany and other countries. Please see https://www.sap.com/corporate/en/legal/copyright.html for additional trademark information and notices.
Published: https://news.sap.com/2020/05/study-ecm-and-mdg-solution-extensions-opentext-utopia/; May 19, 2020