Benefits of a Data Health Assessment
Thursday, 02 August 2012 05:00
Written by Walter Lis
Clean data is the fuel that powers a business. The data health assessment helps you uncover data issues and more importantly: it identifies how your data is compromising your business processes, reporting integrity and your goals. Utopia leverages the SAP BusinessObjects Data Services software for information management and reporting to help diagnose and illustrate data limitations.
Commonly identified drivers for a data health assessment:
- Inventory Optimization
- Global Spend Analytics
- Optimizing Supply Chain Analytics
- Timely and Accurate Business Intelligence/Analysis
- Global Reporting Integrity
- Data Quality & Data Governance Initiatives
- IT Systems Consolidation
- Supplier and Trading Partner Collaboration
The data health assessment process involves identification and mapping of data elements, data quality scorecards, graphs and statistics highlighting the integrity of your data.
- Data Completeness – Process of identifying missing or incomplete values within a field or across fields of a record.
- Data Consistency – Process of identifying patters such as standard terms, formats and naming conventions within a field.
- Data Conformity – Process of checking data against internal, industry or international standards.
- Data Duplication – Process of identifying records which may be potential duplicates.
Learn how a Data Health Assessment from Utopia can help prevent your organization’s initiatives from being compromised by poor quality data.